ManageIQ EVM solutions were purpose-built for virtual and cloud environments and leverage an agent-free, enterprise virtual appliance architecture built on an Adaptive Management Platform™. EVM's architecture uniquely provides closed-loop automation by maintaining continuous visibility into and control over the virtual infrastructure and the workloads. EVM leverages management classifications pervasively to drive contextual
delegation, monitoring, management and automation.
EVM provides a single-pane of glass enabling role-based, delegated insight, control, orchestration and automation to operators, admins and users. It also enables extensive bi-directional integration with other management systems and tools. EVM's flexible and open architecture enables new infrastructure components, virtual platforms, clouds and workload types to be plugged-in seamlessly. EVM is highly scalable and optimized for heterogeneous and distributed environments.
Key features and benefits of ManageIQ’s IT Cloud Management™ solutions include:
- Unified Management for Enterprise Clouds – Single pane glass enables unified management and control across multiple virtual and cloud infrastructures, with directory-driven and role-based delegation, visibility and control. Global scalability and high availability includes multi-region management database with synchronization and federation capabilities
- Operational Visibility, Control and Automation – Intelligence and analytics offer new self-learning capabilities and operating metrics for workload management automation and improved capacity planning. Open, extensible management portal allows IT organizations to easily extend and customize self-service capabilities as well as management and operations activities.
- Delegated Administration and Distributed Operations – provides the ability to delegate administration and operations on a granular level, allowing for different roles in the IT organization to have access to the virtual infrastructure necessary for their responsibilities
- Self-Service Provisioning and Management – Using a customizable web-based portal, users can securely provision and deploy services and VMs with enterprise configuration, resource and security standards enforced. EVM also offers automated provisioning with intelligent “best fit” placement, integration with network and storage management, CMDB’s, and directories.
- Reporting, Analytics, and Visualization – Provides comprehensive reporting and visualization capabilities leveraging deep and broad information about the virtual environment. EVM’s unique Adaptive Management Platform™ ensures the information is automatically kept current. In addition, SmartTag™ classifications and customizable Time Profiles enable context awareness and filtering for precise reports and analytics.
- Real-Time Policy Enforcement – Patent-pending Virtual Control Surface™ ensures policies are enforced just-in-time across virtual and cloud infrastructures. Policies can be enforced across a distributed environment, and at strategic control points. These include for example VMs before they start, change state or get reconfigured. Policies for infrastructure elements such as hosts can be checked when provisioned or leaving maintenance mode. Any policy can also be processed on demand, on a scheduled basis or integration via web service.
- Compliance, Security, and Auditing – Provides continuous and comprehensive discovery and tracking, event disclosure, baselining, and drift detection for the virtual infrastructure and the associated VMs. This creates a detailed and complete view of the complex, high-speed changes occurring in the environment.
- Resource Management, Optimization, and Capacity Planning – Provides IT administrators and managers with a comprehensive solution to optimize their virtual infrastructures with advanced capacity planning and sophisticated resource management capabilities including trending and alerting.
- VM Lifecycle Management – Provides the ability to manage services and VMs across their lifecycle from provisioning or conversion (P2V/V2V) through operations, scaling and eventually to retirement. EVM automatically discovers, assesses, classifies, monitors, and tracks VMs in any power state on, off or suspended, without installing any agents, all while maintaining comprehensive visibility.
- Configuration Management – Comprehensively manages virtual machines together with the infrastructure they run on providing comprehensive discovery, tracking & analysis, VM and host baselining, drift detection and policy-based configuration and standard enforcement and remediation.
- Workload Management – Provides capacity, utilization and performance monitoring with intelligent workload placement together with utilization and analytics driven automation.
- Cost Allocation, Chargeback, and Usage – Provides cost transparency and accountability so business owners and IT administrators can understand the actual cost of the virtual infrastructure required to support business services.
- Virtual Desktop Provisioning – Enables automated provisioning of virtual desktops including creation of the virtual machines and desktop pools with intelligent placement of the new VMs. At the infrastructure level, EVM provides automatic best-fit resource selection to determine where new virtual desktops are placed and tracks and enforces resource utilization
- Visibility Across Virtual Desktop Delivery Chain – EVM provides comprehensive visibility to all of the components supporting virtual desktops. EVM features end-to-end correlation of users, VMs and infrastructure components; identification of critical VM settings that affect performance, reliability and security; Proactive resource management, and usage tracking and chargeback