EVM’s unique patent-pending Adaptive Management Platform™ enables closed-loop management and automation combining continuous discovery, monitoring, and tracking with policy-based control and automation. Powerful classification-based access control, together with enterprise directory integration enable precise role-based delegation, while contextual awareness and complex event processing drive intelligent automation.
A comprehensive, low latency and highly scalable database reduces the complexity of automating activities by eliminating the need to federate multiple management databases and also enables reporting, dashboards and analytics. It also provides a trusted source for cloud and virtual infrastructure management information which can be used by other management systems and can be federated with CMDBs, asset management databases, as well as performance and configuration management systems.
Unique, Patent-Pending Technology
- Role-Based Access Control that is classification-based, directory-driven extensible, role-driven, web-based administrative, operational and self-service management activities.
- Automation Engine enables automated, real-time policy-based control and policy enforcement over actions and events based on situational, configuration, resource and classification awareness. The platform enables precise control by allowing policy enforcement and automation points to be dynamically defined based on operational state, actions, changes and conditions, as well as providing the ability for policies to adapt based on scope and contextual awareness. Intelligent automation can also be driven based on complex event processing, contextual awareness and model-driven workflows and state-machines This allows adaptive, just-in-time, model-driven process, task and event automation that can dynamically adapt based on situational, configuration and classification awareness.
- Virtual Intelligence synthesizes configuration, performance and utilization data combined with predictive analytics, relationship and dependency mapping. Automated classification capabilities are applied real-time as the environment changes ensuring role-based access, policy-based control with contextual management and automation.
- Virtual Management Database (VMDB)™ comprehensive low-latency and highly scalable database containing performance, tasks, events, configuration information, states, relationships, drift, baselines and audit history. The VMDB™ is supported on multiple SQL platforms including Microsoft SQL Server and open-source Postgres. The VMDB can be shared by multiple EVM appliances in a single image and can also be federated and synchronized across datacenters to create a global view of IT resources and workloads. Distributed database synchronization is performed efficiently using trigger-based replication and is resilient in the event of WAN failures. EVM centralized console support enables operational commands to be issued centrally and automatically distributed and executed in the target locations.
- Management Classifications & Delegation allow business, management, IT, service and workload taxonomies to be automatically applied and used pervasively for adaptive role-based access, visibility, control and automation.
- Control Surface instruments, cloud and virtual platforms as well as workloads for real-time performance monitoring, discovery, tracking, policy-based control and automation. The virtual control surface provides a bidirectional instrumentation and abstraction layer that allows virtual and cloud environments to be “plugged in”, enabling continuous sensing of the operational state of the environment and enabling real-time policy enforcement as well as automated responses. In addition to maintaining a real-time, stateful view of the environment, the platform leverages classifications pervasively to provide contextual awareness and employs analytics to derive operational characteristics and behaviors.