EVM provides comprehensive reporting and visualization capabilities leveraging deep and broad information about the virtual environment. EVM’s unique Adaptive Management Platform™ ensures the information is automatically kept current. In addition, SmartTag™ classifications and customizable Time Profiles enable context awareness and filtering for precise reports and analytics.
EVM discovers, monitors, collects, analyzes, assesses and correlates comprehensive information across a number of management domains including:
- Capacity, Performance and Utilization
- Configuration, Discovery, Tracking, Baselines and Drift
- Timelines, Events, Alerts and Alarms
- Provisioning, Snapshot and Retirement
- Resource Allocation, DRS, vMotion, sMotion
- Usage, Quotas and Chargeback
- Automatic Relationship Mapping
- Trending and Bottlenecks
EVM provides many out of the box reports and provides an easy to use Report Editor to create and modify reports. Customizable, role-based views ensure that only the information that is appropriate for a person’s role and access privileges is included in reporting and visualization. Fine- grained, automatic, policy-based classification using patent-pending SmartTags™ technology makes certain that as the environment changes in real-time the access rights and views are always correct. Reports can be on-demand/adhoc or scheduled and can be delivered in a number of formats including PDF, XLS, HTML, or CSV. EVM also supports RSS feeds for information delivery.
EVM Reporting Highlights
- Comprehensive, current cross-domain management information
- Customizable, role-based views ensure appropriate information goes to the right person
- Over 100+ out of the Box Reports provide immediate results
- Infrastructure reports including configuration, hardware, software, network, storage, compliance, utilization and optimization.
- Resource reports covering usage, capacity, trending, quotas, allocation, efficiency, and chargeback enable advanced resource management.
- VM Lifecycle Management reporting including provisioning, retirement, usage, free space, baselining, drift, VM events, and snapshots.
- Compliance reports for Hosts and Virtual Machines ensure configuration and security standards and settings are enforced.
- Reports can be scheduled to run automatically freeing administrators from manual report generation.
- Fine grained RSS Feeds with direct link to report output enable quick distribution of information.
- Easy to use editor makes new report creation,scheduling quick and easy.
- Dynamic Virtual Timelines™ provide time-based insight into the complex virtual infrastructure to improve operations and enable rapid troubleshooting.
- Customizable Time Profiles enable time-based filtering of data for reports and analytics for custom view such as “Business Hours” or “Trading Days”.
- Export to pdf, csv, and txt allows the rich information to be imported into Excel, Visio, and other applications
Powerful Visualization and Analytics
EVM provides organizations with rich insight into their virtual infrastructure including visualization and analytics covering capacity, performance, utilization, events, compliance, configuration, chargeback and usage.
- Virtual Thumbnails - Patent-pending Virtual Thumbnails™ create an intuitive visual representation of information associated with the virtual infrastructure and virtual machines, including status, lifecycle stage, and level of policy compliance.
- Capacity, Utilization and Trending Analytics - Analytics show capacity data along with utilization trend analysis. This combination allows IT organizations to quickly identify current and future bottlenecks in the environment. The correlation of usage, configuration, and events, provides a unique and extremely efficient approach to understand how configuration changes are impacting the global virtual infrastructure. Reporting on allocation information together with usage information enables identification of over-allocation (waste).
- Virtual Timelines for Operations and Future Bottlenecks - EVM’s unique Virtual Timeline™ capability supports a user-friendly, time-based presentation of infrastructure and management events. These events include configuration changes and discovery, power events such as start and stop, policy enforcement, access, resource management, DRS, logon alarms, and user customizable events. This consolidated graphical view of events enables administrators, operators, and users to see events in a temporal context showing what happened to a particular VM or a cluster during a specific interval. Furthermore, these timelines are actively cross-linked with configuration information and other data for a comprehensive view of the environment. This provides operations and support organizations with a single pane of glass view into their virtual infrastructure increasing availability and reducing mean-time-to resolution (MTTR).
- Configuration Views with Drift and Baselines - Side-by-side drift and configuration baseline views enable quick identification and remediation of performance, availability, compliance and security issues. These views include information into VM and Host configurations as well as the virtual configuration and utilization that would otherwise require many different tools to acquire and correlate the different elements.